Digital printing and screen printing are two of the most conventional methods used in printing badge lanyards. They use different techniques of getting the design onto the fabric of the lanyards. Each of them has its advantages and drawbacks such as cost, color selection, and speed. Your choice will depend on the detail of the lanyard design, the type of fabric you will be printing on, and budget.
History and Advantages of Dye-Sublimated LanyardsDye-sublimation is a type of digital printing method, which was first commercially used during the late 1980s. This technique has full color, high resolution capabilities that are perfect for highly detailed, highly saturated designs. Dye-sublimation printing services of most lanyard companies offer numerous advantages to customers who want a quick turnaround time without minimum order.
1. Natural LookThe digital printing method of dye-sublimation involves transferring ink to a surface with the use of pressure and heat. The colors are a lot more integrated when compared to screen printing in which the ink is layered into the fabric. As a result, the design appears to be woven into the badge lanyards rather than just sitting on top of it. Dye-sublimation printing method is perfect for use on lanyards that have a glossy finish.
2. Quick Turnaround TimesThis is the one of the main benefits of dye-sublimated printing. Moreover, the possible color spectrum is unlimited. The minimal set up time allows to offer quick turnaround times and to keep the costs down with no minimum order.
Downside of Dye-Sublimated PrintingUnlike screen printing, there are only limited kinds of surfaces that could be printed on using digital methods with excellent results. For digital printing, smooth surfaces provide a better canvas and create higher quality results.
History and Advantages of Screen Printed LanyardsScreen printing is actually one of the oldest kinds of transferring images onto fabrics and other materials. As a matter of fact, it is recorded to go back as far as AD 960 – 1280 during the Sung Dynasty in Japan. This method was also used in the middle ages to mass produce playing cards. Nowadays, one of the techniques used to transfer a logo onto the badge lanyards is through silk screen printing. This process involves creating a print of the logo on a mesh screen and pressing the ink through the mesh onto the fabric of the lanyard. Screen printing is one of the printing methods used by lanyard companies because it provides several benefits.
1. Cost EfficientIdeally, screen printing is a cost efficient technique to use for large orders. Normally, once the presses have been set up for the run, it is just a matter of transferring the design from the screen into the badge lanyards.
2. VersatileIf the design of your lanyards needs to have high details and vivid colors, screen printing is the best way to go. Since the ink is layered, brighter colors can be achieved than other printing techniques. Furthermore, the colors are more accurate to the colors in the design. It is certainly the fine points that make the difference when it comes to custom lanyards.
3. DurableIf you plan to use the lanyards as promotional items or souvenirs, screen printing is the better option because it offers durable and high quality end product. The nature of screen printing would allow lanyards companies to print any thickness and would result in something that could endure a machine washing.
Downside of Screen PrintingCompared to digital printing, screen printing is not as cost effective for small orders because a setup fee per color is required. With screen printing, the larger the order, the lower the cost will be for your badge lanyards.... Continue..
One of the good things about custom label pins is clients can set their designs and come up with a unique present for employees or organization members. However, many individuals don’t like pins penetrating their clothes regardless if they are needed for identification purposes. Fortunately, it’s now possible for clients to help protect clothes in obtaining these pins with the following tips:
Select Unique Locking Mechanisms
Pointed parts of the pins make it possible for these items to stay secured in their places. The locking mechanism or clutch protects users from getting pricked by the pointed pins. However, these pins will penetrate through the fabric, which shows potential damages. Naturally, the damage is insignificant, but many people are concerned that continuous wearing will only result to further damages.
Luckily, custom label pins can have different clutch options that can protect clothes. Instead of choosing the usual pin and butterfly clutch, clients can choose magnetic clutches to prevent pin traces that may lead to damages. Magnetic pieces placed on the pins will secure the pin in place without the need for pointed pins.
Another protective option is the screw and threaded clutches. This clutch type attaches on clothes like regular nuts and bolts. The only difference is that they are a lot smaller and attached behind the actual pin. The only downside is that the lack of pointed pin makes it impossible to use on different parts of the clothes. They can only be placed on areas with pre-set holes like button holes.
Go with Soft Enamel Option
Designs etched on custom label pins can cause damages due to continuous friction. Of course, damages caused are not noticed immediately considering the lack of force or significant contact between the etched surface and fabric. A soft enamel option guarantees that this won’t happen on clothes.
Soft enamel pins have a smooth epoxy layer on top of the etched design, which means smooth surface. Instead of scratching the fabric, it will glide on top of the smooth surface and will leave no damages on clothes.
Avoid Corners in Setting the Design
Clients’ pin designs may come with corners. Nevertheless, bear in mind that the main material used for pins are metal, which means the corners may damage clothes. Going with round or oval layouts will ensure custom label pins won’t be a problem on clothes. Smooth edges plus polished metals also contributes to smooth contact and prevents damages.
In case you need to cornered designs as part of branding, set your design with rounded corners. Pointed corners pierce through fabric and become the beginning of damaged clothing.
Consider Other Pin Options
One of the best ways to protect clothes is by choosing other pin options that don’t require pinning. Pins can be designed using attachments like keychains and cufflinks, which have lesser risk of damaging clothes. Keychains are not worn on clothing and kept inside pockets or as bag attachments. This keeps the item from getting in contact with clothes. On the other hand, cufflinks are only used to secure buttonholes on sleeves, which mean they don’t need to be pinned on the fabric. Users can simply lock them in place to secure the sleeves in place.
If you are looking for custom label pins, you can consider these options to protect clothes for being damaged, especially if you’re wearing prized clothing. Many companies keep their employees are members in mind by settling with options that minimize damages on clothes. However, remember that these options are not usually among the standard add-ons. This implies possible additional fees, which you won’t regret spending given their offered benefits.... Continue..